Pulsonix User Forum

Technical advice from Pulsonix engineers and the wider community.

All Forums
 Help with using Pulsonix
 Libraries
 Modifying Parts in bulk

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Upload a file

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Hobbsy Posted - 11 Apr 2016 : 14:21:01
Is there a way of modifying multiple parts in bulk, perhaps by way of exporting to spreadsheet for data manipulation and then importing back to Pulsonix lib?
I have found that by selecting multiple parts in the Library manager and choosing the "Attributes..." option it is basically possible to do this except there is no obvious way to import a modified CSV back into Pulsonix. The "Attributes..." page also doesn't allow you to modify part names or descriptions.

To add some context i have copied a group of resistors out of the standard Pulsonix master Library and into our own company library. I now wish to edit the part names, descriptions and attributes of all of these parts to the company format and preference. It would take a long time to do each one by hand.

Thanks
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cioma Posted - 25 Jul 2016 : 23:46:27
Well, the way to avoid that overhead is to use PDC. Yes it costs a bit extra but it's totally worth it.
Hobbsy Posted - 13 Apr 2016 : 14:20:42
I was afraid you would say that Ty!

I ended up creating 62 new parts (0603 Resistors between 0R and 1M) using the Library Toolkit which was easier than building each part with the Library Manager and Wizard but hardly trivial.

FORMAT,PGF,3
; for format 3 and later, new parts will default to being added together into the same group as they are created. To prevent this, either use format 2, or add the command PARTGROUP,NONE near the start of the file.

PARTGROUP,NONE

NAMESTEM,R
;Sets the default name stem when adding parts

NEWPART,"RES-0R-0603","RES, 0R, 1%, 63mW, 0603",,R,2,SM0603,2,
ADDATTR,R,0R
ADDATTR,Manufacturer,"ANY"
ADDATTR,Manufacturer Part Number,"GENERIC"
ADDATTR,FAMILY,"RES_SMT"
ADDPINATTR,*,PINTYPE=PASSIVE
NEWPART,"RES-1K-0603","RES, 1K, 1%, 63mW, 0603",,R,2,SM0603,2,
ADDATTR,R,1K
ADDATTR,FAMILY,"RES_SMT"
NEWPART,"RES-1M-0603","RES, 1M, 1%, 63mW, 0603",,R,2,SM0603,2,
ADDATTR,R,1M
ADDATTR,FAMILY,"RES_SMT"

etc... (another x59 times to be precise)

Once i set up the commands to create the first part it was a case of copying and pasting and then replacing the resistance values in each part name, description and attribute (which i achieved through excel rather than by hand editing).

Editing the attributes of multiple parts is a great feature that can be achieved using the spreadsheet format available in Library Manager > Attributes... but this feature disables the editing of Part names and Descriptions!
tystephens Posted - 12 Apr 2016 : 11:42:26
Not sure if this would make it much easier. But one method would be to use the Library Toolkit - Help, Online Manuals, Library Toolkit.

You can output a User Report from Pulsonix in the format for the Library Toolkit, make changes, then import it the changes back in - creating new parts with the modified attributes. You have to do this in a txt editor at present, so I am not sure if it would save much time for you or not?

It may be worth calling support to discuss your exact need, may be that we can help internally.

Cheers,

Ty