Pulsonix User Forum

Technical advice from Pulsonix engineers and the wider community.

All Forums
 Help with using Pulsonix
 Schematic Design
 Wishlist: Make <Page Link> interactive in PDF

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Upload a file

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cioma Posted - 25 Jul 2016 : 22:56:22
It would be great to have <Page Link> attribute interactive in PDF (i.e. jumping to appropriate page when clicked)
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
steve Posted - 27 Jul 2016 : 08:55:15
I have added this to the open log 32902 for this request.

Pulsonix Assistance
cioma Posted - 26 Jul 2016 : 17:16:04
Ah, now I see what's happening: you seem to actually click on the <Net Name> attribute, not on the <Page Link> one. Indeed that works (when "Link Net Names" is enabled in PDF output options). So my original request seems to be still valid (i.e. making <Page Link> interactive in PDF output). The thing is that I use page link symbol with <Page Link> attribute only (i.e. no <Net Name> attribute on the page link symbol).
jameshead Posted - 26 Jul 2016 : 14:47:24
I'm using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, 2015 Release, Version 2015.017.20050 and Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional version 8.1.0 and both operate the same.

The circuit diagram is output via CAM/Plot and Device PDF. When you open the resultant PDF and hover the mouse near the page link you should see the pointer change from an arrow to a hand when you hover near the attribute for the netname on the page link and click then Adobe Acrobat jumps to the other page link.
cioma Posted - 26 Jul 2016 : 14:15:16
Well, I tried it in Acrobat Reader X and it doesn't work there for me. It also doesn't work in PDF-XChange, Foxit, Sumatra, Edge, Firefox. I tried doing CAM export to PDF with both "Link Net Names" enabled and disabled. What version of Adobe Reader it works for you in?
cioma Posted - 26 Jul 2016 : 09:50:55
Hmmm... let me give it a deeper look as it is doesn't seem to work neither in PDF-XChange editor nor Microsoft Edge nor Firefox.
jameshead Posted - 26 Jul 2016 : 09:34:43
quote:
Originally posted by cioma

It would be great to have <Page Link> attribute interactive in PDF (i.e. jumping to appropriate page when clicked)

It already does this - at least in Adobe Acrobat.