Pulsonix User Forum

Technical advice from Pulsonix engineers and the wider community.

All Forums
 Help with using Pulsonix
 PCB Design
 Length matching within differential pair?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Upload a file

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cioma Posted - 10 Aug 2016 : 12:35:27
Does Pulsonix support length matching within differential pair like on this picture?

8.49 KB

It's something like serpentine function but within a diffpair (i.e. only one track is serpentined).

I assume it's possible if differential pairing is removed from a segment of the diffpair and then manually editing that segment but it would be nice to be able to do it without removing deferential pairing.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
tystephens Posted - 10 Aug 2016 : 14:23:53
quote:
Originally posted by cioma

It seems v9 will have a lot of improvements as far as constraint management and high-speed design is concerned.

Indeed - not long now though!
cioma Posted - 10 Aug 2016 : 14:21:01
Thanks, Steve, it's quite an easy workaround.

It seems v9 will have a lot of improvements as far as constraint management and high-speed design is concerned.
tystephens Posted - 10 Aug 2016 : 14:18:45
Differential pair skew is part of V9, at present in V8.5, if you wish to increase the length of one side of a differential pair, you would indeed need to 'Remove differential pair' and add the length to the one side.

In V9 you will be able to maintain a differential pair and add length to one side interactively.

Thanks,

Ty

Image Insert:

56.91 KB
steve Posted - 10 Aug 2016 : 14:15:57
When a serpentine is required to meet a length difference rule it has to go in a track segment as it cant go in the diff segments otherwise they would not be diff paired traces.

For note: Serpentine is going interactive in Version 9.

Pulsonix Assistance