Pulsonix User Forum

Technical advice from Pulsonix engineers and the wider community.

All Forums
 Help with using Pulsonix
 General
 Hotkey to play specifif macro/insert component?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Upload a file

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
poorchava Posted - 30 Nov 2020 : 13:00:55
I want to somehow get either a button or a hotkey, that will place specific DocSymbol in schematic editor. Specifically, I use a few different signal references, and don't want to go through Insert signal Reference -> choose from list each time.

Is there a way I can bind a command/script to place specific part to a hotkey?

I have tried recording macros, and they do what I want' but then I can't find an option to play specific macro by a hotkey?

Is there a way to do it?

EDIT:
I found a way, but an ugly one.
Record a macro, then do go to Tools -> User tools -> add tool. Then select a macro for that tool, go to 'Customize' menu, add new toolbar, then go to Commands and select 'User tools'. The macros will eventually appear there and can be dragged onto the toolbar.
I have not figured out how to change the icon the the tool, since I want more than one and they all look the same.

Is there a more straightforward way to do it?
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jameshead Posted - 30 Nov 2020 : 13:33:37
RMB on the menu, select CUSTOMISE
Select first tab: COMMANDS
Select DocSymbols from the list and drag across buttons "User Doc Symbol 1" etc. to an existing menu or one you create.
RMB on the button, and enter in the name of the Doc Sym you want the button for.
Then you have a button for the doc symbol you want to keep inserting.