Pulsonix User Forum

Technical advice from Pulsonix engineers and the wider community.

All Forums
 Help with using Pulsonix
 General
 Graphic Acceleration Buggy

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Upload a file

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
HarryHirn Posted - 11 Feb 2021 : 11:22:53
Hi

When i turn the Hardware Acceleration in V11 to more than the second lowest option i got weird problems with the Attributes and Text in the PCB.
I Have three Attributes

Image Insert:

100.04 KB

When i click on one of them this happens

Image Insert:

109.67 KB

The selection is not where the text is. Clicking somewhere to deselect delivers this:

Image Insert:

111.38 KB

This is gone when i zoom in or out.

Additionally all texts are gone when i zoom in enough.

From this view

Image Insert:

112.14 KB

i increased zoom by one mousewheel and the texts are gone

Image Insert:

104.19 KB

Additionally i sometimes get texts/attributes that change their position when increase hardware acceleration.
But i think its only the appearing/rendering because when i select them the selection is shown at the correct position.

So i think the whole hardware acceleration thing is buggy for texts and attributes.

Im on a dell precision with NVidia Quattro P3200 newest driver if this helps.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lewism@pulsonix.com Posted - 12 Feb 2021 : 09:30:39
Hi All,

the disappearing text issue should be fixed with the latest DLL Set available using the link below.

http://pulsonix.com/downloads/temp/fixes/11.0/post8463.zip

Please let me know through the support channel if there are any issues. support@pulsonix.com

Many Thanks

Lewis
feynman Posted - 11 Feb 2021 : 19:27:34
I can confirm both the weird text repositioning and attributes disappearing on certain zoom levels.

However, text in system stroke font does not disappear. Maybe only certain fonts or all fonts but system stroke font are affected by this problem.
HarryHirn Posted - 11 Feb 2021 : 13:59:11
I sent you an e-mail with a SCH which shows this behaviour.

Maybe you can reproduce the problem with it.
lewism@pulsonix.com Posted - 11 Feb 2021 : 13:19:26
Hi Harry,

Thank you for reporting this.

This is something that we are aware of and will be fixed in a later update as soon as possible.

For now the hardware acceleration slider will allow you to choose the level of hardware acceleration you wish to be applied when
rendering graphics in a design window and balance the competing needs of initial graphics generation
time, pan and zoom performance and amount of memory used.

I have not yet been able to replicate the issue with the disappearing text. Could you please send part of the design to us through the support channel and we can investigate further for you?

support@pulsonix.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Lewis