Pulsonix User Forum

Technical advice from Pulsonix engineers and the wider community.

All Forums
 Help with using Pulsonix
 Scripting
 Python scripting engine installation

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Upload a file

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rabryan Posted - 19 Sep 2014 : 11:22:45
Does anyone have any step by step instructions for getting pulsonix to find the python scripting engine and actually run python scripts? I've installed the win32com python module and thought that would've registered itself as an engine in the registry, but apparently not since I get this when attempting to run a python script:

"Cannot locate the correct script engine to run this file"

-Richard
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
psxforum Posted - 19 Sep 2014 : 12:40:54
We know that Python scripting has worked at some point, without doing much more than you have described about installing the scripting engine, but now it does not appear to work.

From what we have found by debugging through our code, the standard Windows functions that are used to enumerate through the available scripting engines does not return the Python engine as one of the available scripting engines in its list. It is possible that at some point something in Windows has changed, and means that the installation of this scripting engine no longer fits with how they want the registry entries to be set up. As far as we can work out, there is nothing we can really do about this from the Pulsonix side.