The Policies adhered to by us here at Pulsonix
Publication of information on this web site does not imply that the information may be copied and used elsewhere. Storage, duplication and dissemination of information contained on this site is expressly forbidden except with prior agreement from WestDev Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
The following trademarks are acknowledged. All other trademarks not specifically mentioned are acknowledged to their rightful owners.
- Windows, Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 10 & 11 are trademarks of Microsoft Corporation
- Acrobat is a trademark of Adobe Inc
- HASP is a trademark of Thales
- Pulsonix and the Pulsonix name is a trademark of Westdev Ltd
All Pulsonix software is sold or otherwise provided subject to our standard Software License Agreement and EULA.
Environment & Sustainability Policy
WestDev Ltd are specialists in the PCB design software industry. Its goal is to provide leading edge design software that meets the ever increasing needs of designers today.
This policy applies to all WestDev Ltd employees and covers all activities at its UK headquarters based in Tewkesbury, UK.
Environmental and Sustainability Aims
WestDev Ltd holds a strong belief that we as people of this planet should not only look after ourselves today, but also our children of the future, and as such we have set the following aims to ensure our continued contribution to the world’s sustainability:
- Energy and Carbon: WestDev Ltd continually seek initiatives that will help to reduce its carbon emissions. In addition to this, we are also a full adopter of the Government’s Carbon Reduction Commitment Scheme and continually measure and monitor carbon emissions from energy consumption.
- Water: WestDev Ltd constantly monitors its water usage and looks at means to reuse and reduce its consumption.
- Travel: The WestDev Ltd headquarters are available by public transport and we encourage and make available schemes to all employees to promote sustainable travel where possible.
- Communication: WestDev Ltd encourages all employees and associates to communicate via the most sustainable methods where possible.
- Delivery: In 2013, WestDev Ltd introduced a sustainability first approach to delivery of its products, this means in situations where it is possible, the entire product range is delivered electronically.
- Engagement and Education: WestDev Ltd creates awareness and engages with employees to create new initiatives to help reduce its carbon footprint.
- Waste Management: WestDev Ltd are strict abiders of the waste hierarchy policy whereby we Reduce, Reuse, Recycle and Recover where possible.
- Community Investment: WestDev Ltd regularly invest in local and national charities to help support people of all ages, from all walks of life. Our employees regularly take part in charitable events and as a company we actively promote and support every member in their charitable quest.
WestDev Ltd is fully committed to complying with the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018 to protect your privacy at all times. You can rest assured that we take every possible precaution to protect any information that we may collect or receive from you. WestDev Ltd (the Data Controller) will also endeavour to ensure that this information is used only as you request. You can browse most parts of this web site without providing any personal information.
We have published this notice to help you understand, how and why we collect information from you, who we share your information with and why and what your rights are.
If you are concerned about any aspect of privacy in relation to this site, even after reading this policy statement, please feel free to contact the webmaster and we will do what we can to respond to your concerns.
When you request product information, you may be asked to provide your name, together with your mailing or email address. These details are retained, allowing us to provide you with the information you request. You are allocated a customer reference number, if you do not already have one. You should use this number where possible in all future communication as this helps us to ensure that you continue to receive relevant information in the future.
When you purchase a product or service, you are asked to provide your name, telephone number, invoicing and shipping addresses, and your email address if you have one. This allows us to correctly process and dispatch your order, and to keep you informed of your order status. This information is not stored on our web site.
When you register a software product, you may be asked to provide your name, address, telephone and fax numbers, email address and customer reference number, together with general details about the computer hardware on which the software will be used. This registration information is used to enroll you on the technical support program, and to help us to provide you with timely and relevant information about product changes and updates in the future.
When your User Account is created, this includes limited information about you, including your name and email address, which is stored on the system. Passwords are not stored on the web site.
Technical support request
When you submit a request for technical support, or an enhancement suggestion or other product comment, you may be asked for your name, customer reference number, and email address and/or telephone or fax number. This allows us to ensure your details are directed as quickly as possible to the relevant staff.
In the course of the investigation of technical problems, it is occasionally necessary for our engineers to have access to the original data. In this case you will be asked to make this data available to us, on the strict understanding that WestDev guarantees that this data will only be used for the purposes of locating the cause of, and determining the resolution for, such technical problems.
Data made available to us in this way will at no time be disclosed to any third party in any shape or form unless you give us permission to do so. At your request we can also undertake to destroy all copies of such data once the investigation into the technical problem is complete.
If you require us to sign a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) before sending any data to us, we will be happy to do so.
Protecting the information collected and who we share it with
We take all reasonable precautions to restrict access to your information. This is only shared with authorised WestDev staff and Pulsonix dealers or distributors known as Data Processors. We take security very seriously, and all security measures are continually under review.
WestDev Ltd guarantees not to make available (by way of trade, sale, rent, loan or other means) any of your personal information to third parties, unless you have given us prior consent in writing.
In the event that ownership of WestDev Ltd is transferred to another party, for example if the business is sold to another company, all rights to and ownership of the information collected as described herein shall also be transferred to that party.
To help us keep you informed, and provide you with the best service possible, it is helpful to us if you can let us know about any changes in your details. This includes changes of address, company name, telephone number, email address, and so on.
We want to keep you up to date with information about new products, specials offers and technical software updates. From time to time we send out mail-shots targeted at specific groups of people. If at any time you wish to be removed from our mailing lists, you only have to ask us. You can do this by replying to the email, quoting your customer reference number. Alternatively, you can contact us by telephone, or post. We will make every possible effort to comply with your request.
Anonymity and recognition
As already stated, you can visit most of pulsonix.com without providing any personal information. As you browse the site, the web server keeps only limited records, listing which pages you visit. These records do not contain any personal details about you or any other visitor to our site. These records are available only to WestDev technical staff, and are used solely to generate statistical information about how our site is being used.
When using some parts of the site, notably when filling in forms, we use a technology known as "cookies" to help us improve the usability of the site for individual visitors. Cookies are small files which are stored on a user's computer. They are designed to hold a modest amount of data specific to a particular client and website, and can be accessed either by the web server or the client computer. These are generally used for things like remembering the values in a form so they can be preset next time you use that form.
You are entitled to request the following from WestDev Ltd, these are called your Data Subject Rights and there is more information on these on the Information Commissioners Website www.ico.org.uk.
- Right of Access – to request access to your personal information and information on how we process it.
- Right to Rectification – to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed.
- Right to Erasure (also known as the Right to be Forgotten) – to have your personal information erased.
- Right to Restriction of Processing – to restrict processing of your personal information.
- Right to Object – to object to processing of your personal information.