Pulsonix User Forum

Technical advice from Pulsonix engineers and the wider community.

All Forums
 Help with using Pulsonix
 Manufacturing outputs
 a way to "x-out" non-fitted components?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Upload a file

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
poorchava Posted - 03 Nov 2020 : 23:36:21
Is there a way to mark non-fitted components on a schematic in a different way than just either doted line or no components at all?

I generally plot schematics in black and white (that's what customers want) and dotted lines are not very evident, while not plotting those components at all sometimes produces awkward results.

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lewism@pulsonix.com Posted - 10 Nov 2020 : 12:46:05
Hi Poorchava,

I have logged an enhancement request on our system and the developers will review this to see if it can be achieved in the next release. If you have any suggestions like this they can be logged through our support email channel. support@pulsonix.com

Lewis
poorchava Posted - 10 Nov 2020 : 08:42:07
There are 2 customers: one requires a 'NF' text, the other prefers the part to be crossed out.

It would be nice it the color of that marking could be controlled. On of the customers uses very heavy variantization of products, and they have this thing called 'red-plan' which is basically a pdf plotted in black and white, with NF components crossed out in red.
jameshead Posted - 05 Nov 2020 : 23:33:55
Yes, there are other ways of showing non-fitted components though it takes a little more setup. What exactly is your customer's requirement in their style guide?
Let me know and I may be able to help out.
poorchava Posted - 05 Nov 2020 : 22:13:55
I'm asking, because some more restrictive customers require that I adhere to their rules in drawing schematics.

They don't care about particular CAD package, but a for example require that every net with more than 2 nodes be named on the sheet, draw "Y" connections to decoupling caps, etc. This also goes for 'non-fitted' components.

I suppose that is a feature request on my part, to add a bit more flexibility
feynman Posted - 04 Nov 2020 : 19:09:14
I'm not aware of a "x-out" feature.

But you could use a dashed line style for non-fitted components (that's what I do). A dashed line certainly looks better than a dotted line style.