Pulsonix User Forum

Technical advice from Pulsonix engineers and the wider community.

All Forums
 Help with using Pulsonix
 Libraries
 Finding Duplicate Parts in Vault

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

Upload a file

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
HarryHirn Posted - 15 Jul 2021 : 15:27:21
Hi,

is there a way to search for parts having the same attribute value?

As an example:
every part in my library has an attribute "order code".

now it happened that someone else created the same part slightly different but with the same "order code".

Can i search through all vault items giving me all items that have the same attribute values?

i am looking for a general search, not "find all items with order code == xys123".
because i dont know if duplicates exist and which order code they have.

thank you
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
HarryHirn Posted - 16 Jul 2021 : 06:47:31
Hey

thank you, i will have a look at those opportunities.

Thank you
lewism@pulsonix.com Posted - 15 Jul 2021 : 16:27:32
Hi Harry,

Unfortunately there is no way to do this type of search in the Vault Manager search facility as a target value always has to be specified.

The way to approach this would be to list all parts ordered by the attribute 'order code' then scan the list looking for adjacent duplicate 'order code' values. Although the Vault Manager search allows ordering by user defined attributes it doesn't at present show those user defined attributes in the resulting "Vault Items" grid.

The PDC Vault interface would allow this type information to be shown, if you have a PDC license

This kind of list could also be generated using the Postgres "PGAdmin |||" utility but you may not be familiar with that tool either.

I hope this helps.

Lewis