Pulsonix User Forum

Technical advice from Pulsonix engineers and the wider community.

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Help with using Pulsonix
 Installation and Licensing
 floating license on Linux server
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

StefanThiel

Germany
21 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2017 :  07:48:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there, I have a node locked dongle and use it on several PCs. Problem is that I often forget to take it with me from one office to the other.
As I am running synology servers which are based on Linux it would be usefull for me to change to a floating license or any other "decentralized" solution with the dongle.

1. Is the floating licence server availiable for Linux?
2. Is it possible to install the dongle on one PC and make it accessible by other PCs. e.g. make a floating option out of it by e.g. installing a virtual windows on Linux....

THIEL

bkamen

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2017 :  07:56:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by StefanThiel

Hi there, I have a node locked dongle and use it on several PCs. Problem is that I often forget to take it with me from one office to the other.
As I am running synology servers which are based on Linux it would be usefull for me to change to a floating license or any other "decentralized" solution with the dongle.

1. Is the floating licence server availiable for Linux?

Unfortunately, no.

quote:

2. Is it possible to install the dongle on one PC and make it accessible by other PCs. e.g. make a floating option out of it by e.g. installing a virtual windows on Linux....

Yes. I run my Windows7 license server from a VirtualBox VM on CentOS 6.8 since my Linux Server runs pretty much 24/7/365 while my Windows workstation does not.

-Ben
-------------------------------------------
ben@benkamen.net
http://www.benjammin.net

Edited by - bkamen on 08 Mar 2017 07:57:14
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: