Pulsonix User Forum

Technical advice from Pulsonix engineers and the wider community.

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Help with using Pulsonix
 PCB Design
 Connection lines in PCB
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

aitronic

Germany
2 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2015 :  13:05:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is possible to show the connection lines in true with?
At this time the power connection between the parts doesn`t will be shown - it is possible to make them visible?

psxforum

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2015 :  13:18:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure whether you are working in SCM or PCB.

In SCM, connection lines all use a line style, so you can set them to any line style you like with any width. Power connections (e.g. any connections between ungated pins) cannot be displayed, precisely because they are assigned to ungated pins.

In PCB, unrouted connections (the 'rats nest') are always drawn single-pixel, largely to avoid confusion between those and any routed tracks which do have a width.

As for power connections, perhaps you mean connections from power pins to a power plane? Not really sure, we could do with a little more information about what you mean.

David
Go to Top of Page

aitronic

Germany
2 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2015 :  13:34:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm working in PCB.

Yes I mean the "rats nest" and if it is not possible to show them in true with it is OK.

I'm working at a 4 layer PCB.
I defined a Top Layer for signal, Inner1 for GND, Inner 2 for VCC_5V and a Bottom Layer for signal. The signal connections between the SMD parts will be shown as rat nests. The power connections are not visible as rat nests.
Go to Top of Page

psxforum

United Kingdom
66 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2015 :  13:42:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For nets which match those assigned to the power/ground planes, we only display the connections as small "butterfly" shapes, because the assumption is that almost all of them will be routed as stubs from each SMD pin down to the plane through a via.

David.
Go to Top of Page

demircik

1 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2015 :  15:33:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ofcourse it is possible to show the track width of exact size. Always it is in the exact size.
Can you please tell me what are your projectd etails for which you are asking for the 4 layer PCB design?
Also which software you are using and what are the requirements for your PCB board?

http://www.7pcbassembly.com/

Edited by - demircik on 11 Dec 2015 16:57:36
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: