Pulsonix User Forum

Technical advice from Pulsonix engineers and the wider community.

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Help with using Pulsonix
 PCB Design
 Templates
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chris

Netherlands
40 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2016 :  09:17:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In PCAD there is a copper pour setting "Line Width". With a smaller line width there is more detail in the copper pour. Is that equivalent to the "Line Style" setting which i can find in the properties:Poured Copper ? .. or has that setting only to do with how the borders of the copper pour are displayed on my screen and do i have to use an other option for it ?

Image Insert:

42.01 KB

steve

United Kingdom
316 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2016 :  10:24:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Line Style is used to create the copper pour area, so it is effectively the equivalent.

Training is available.

Pulsonix Assistance
Go to Top of Page

Chris

Netherlands
40 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2016 :  20:06:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok Thanks ! ... and i know i am having a lot of questions and that training can do lot to lower that questions...but one of the reasons to buy Pulsonix was because i was told that stepping over from PCAD to Pulsonix would be easy and that support to step over is very good. With this in mind i started a design job with Pulsonix. Unfortunately there is a lot of time pressure.. so when i get stuck on things i start reading in the manual and start asking questions.. sorry for it.
The good thing is that the pcb is almost ready and that i can create gerbers and drill data that looks good.
I hope there will be a training in Holland soon..and otherwise i have to come to GB. In the meantime i hope i can post a few more questions :-)
Go to Top of Page

bkamen

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2016 :  20:10:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Chris,

I feel your pain. When I first got Pulsonix, I had several designs I was under the gun to get done.

I can say, however, that almost everything I needed was in the manual.

So I can say for sure that it's probably in the Online Help somewhere.. it's just a matter of searching for it and reading up.

What would be really nice is if employers would stop having a fire in their britches for every thing -- and let us designer get to know the tools before asking for the world.

Good luck,

-Ben

-Ben
-------------------------------------------
ben@benkamen.net
http://www.benjammin.net
Go to Top of Page

cioma

125 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2016 :  15:30:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For the sake of keeping related data in one place I'll add my tip about template, its line width and generated copper here.

Currently Pulsonix generates template copper as a polygon defined by center lines of the template lines and then adds a line around this polygon with the width of the template line. I wanted to disable that bounding line generation and it can be achieved by setting template line width to zero. In this case only a polygon is generated.

Edited by - cioma on 31 Aug 2016 15:31:20
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: