Pulsonix User Forum

Technical advice from Pulsonix engineers and the wider community.

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Help with using Pulsonix
 Import, Export and Integration
 Position Step Model
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

marco.ruggeri

Italy
67 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2016 :  07:20:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it possible to position step model using an automatic alignment (or a snap) of footprint Zero and Step Model Zero? I can't find this option . Please suggest a way to fast and safe align step and footprint so that I can use it to check mechanical interference of a PCB with a mechanical enclosure?

steve

United Kingdom
316 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2016 :  08:44:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Use the STEP positioning graphical tool (Tools - Position STEP Model) to align a model to the footprint, this then adds the attribute data into that footprint.

Pulsonix Assistance
Go to Top of Page

marco.ruggeri

Italy
67 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2016 :  08:51:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems that this tool permits only to manual align STEP model without be sure to have an automatical alignment (for example through snap) of footprint centre with step model center . How can I be sure that those 2 centers are really aligned?
Go to Top of Page

steve

United Kingdom
316 Posts

Posted - 24 Nov 2016 :  09:33:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This does not have a snap datum to datum option, however from our experience with customers we find that the datum positions are not guaranteed to be the same. The tool allows positioning irrespective of any other constraints and alignment of features should be possible as the footprint should be designed to the datasheet and the model the same.

There is an open log to add an option to the STEP Positioning Tool to initially be able to align the model datum to the footprint datum, but as mentioned above and noted by the log's customer, they can be in different places. I have added the reference of this post to that log 40395.

Pulsonix Assistance
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: