Pulsonix User Forum

Technical advice from Pulsonix engineers and the wider community.

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Help with using Pulsonix
 Schematic Design
 Repeat Block containing a part with multiple gates
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

marco.ruggeri

Italy
67 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2017 :  16:23:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm using hierarchy design with a gate of a multiple port logic IC (74hc14) in a particular block. I repeat the block 10 times and 10 different components are added to the design with a lot of spare gates. I would like that all gates of firts part will be used before adding a new gate . How can I do to perform this operation in an automatic mode in Pulsonix?

steve

United Kingdom
316 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2017 :  17:20:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If this is a multi-instanced block action, then the facility is there to replicate instances of the same circuit, such as that for a channel of a multi-channel design. The instances are instances of the singular item, which allows any modification of that singular block to be reflected in all instances of it, so cross connection of gates is not possible in this scenario.

If the action is a cut-n-paste or duplicate action, then once again a copy is being taken in its entirety. The gates would have to be manually swapped out after copy, which can be done by simply changing the component reference and gate identifier for one within the component bin. They can then be gate and pin swapped when in the PCB design, if setup to do so, to improve routing.

Pulsonix Assistance
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: