Pulsonix User Forum

Technical advice from Pulsonix engineers and the wider community.

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Help with using Pulsonix
 Import, Export and Integration
 Report Maker and PDC database
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cioma

125 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2017 :  10:24:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does Pulsonix Report Maker allow creating reports on PDC database?

steve

United Kingdom
316 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2018 :  10:09:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Report Maker can access PDC data through components used within the design, it cannot interrogate the data source linked to PDC directly

Pulsonix Assistance
Go to Top of Page

cioma

125 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2018 :  13:06:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Would it be possible to create such feature request?

My use case is as follows.
I need to implement a system for alternative components in my designs. Each component in my PDC has a corporate partnumber attribute that is unique for each component. I'd like to add an "Alternatives" attribute to appropriate symbols in schematic and fill its value with a comma-separated list of corporate partnumbers of alternative components. And then use Report Maker to create a BOM CSV file with an "Alternatives" column that shall contain a comma-separated list of alternative manufacturer partnumbers
Go to Top of Page

steve

United Kingdom
316 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2018 :  14:32:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As a Part in the library can have as many attributes as wanted, I would suggest adding a 'common' attribute which holds the 'alternatives' list.

With this attribute on the components in the design, then Report Maker could extract that information when creating a BOM or similar.

Pulsonix Assistance
Go to Top of Page

cioma

125 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2018 :  17:26:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I need to define alternatives on schematic level, not on library level. Therefore adding "Common" attribute in PDC (or Part) that contains alternatives is not an option for me.

Here is an example of what I need.

In PDC I have these entries:
<Corporate Partnumber> <Manufacturer Partnumber>
000033 RC0402FR-071KL
000087 ERJ-2RKF1001X
000112 CRG0402F1K0

In schematic I instantiate component with Corporate Partnumber 000033 and manually add attribute "Alternatives" with value "000087,000112".

Then I use Report Maker to create design BOM in CSV format. I can retrieve value from "Alternatives" attribute and split in into a list. But now I need to go through this list in Report Maker and retrieve Manufacturer Partnumber from PDC for each component in the list.

Yes, I can fill "Alternatives" attribute with "ERJ-2RKF1001X,CRG0402F1K0" value instead but then I lose synchronization between alternatives in schematic and components in PDC.

Edited by - cioma on 02 Jan 2018 17:32:11
Go to Top of Page

steve

United Kingdom
316 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2018 :  09:54:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A suggestion log has been created within our system for this request. The log number is 43680.

This request will be reviewed with other requests when Report Maker functionality is reviewed for future releases.

Pulsonix Assistance
Go to Top of Page

cioma

125 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2018 :  11:16:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Many thanks, Steve.
Go to Top of Page

steve

United Kingdom
316 Posts

Posted - 08 Jan 2018 :  14:56:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have added code to provide a facility to achieve this requirement. This will be available to all in the next release/patch of V9.1.

Pulsonix Assistance
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: