Pulsonix User Forum

Technical advice from Pulsonix engineers and the wider community.

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Help with using Pulsonix
 Schematic Design
 Unplaced pad claims to be on net
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Eizens

6 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2021 :  13:30:33  Show Profile
Hello, I was editing the part in the library and after the edit, I got this error. How to fix this error? See the picture.

Image Insert:

17.47 KB

jameshead

United Kingdom
125 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2021 :  14:05:23  Show Profile
Edit the part and check the tab marked "Pins" to see if you have added a netname to certain pins, then check the footprint to see if you have assigned a default netname to the pads.

It may be the case that you have entered netnames in the part, where pin 5 is netname VCC, and other pins have different netnames, whereas in the footprint you have assigned pin 5 to a numbered netname, which is also used by a different pad in the footprint.

Eg,
Footprint has netname 3 for pin 3 and pin 5
Part has netname mynet for pin 3 and VCC for pin 5.
Go to Top of Page

Eizens

6 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2021 :  14:28:08  Show Profile
I removed my netnames to nothing and it did not help.
I tried to delete the part from the schematic and synchronise designs, I still got the error, but a different one. See the picture.

Image Insert:

12.66 KB

Then I tried to run the electrical rule check with the deleted part. I got error "Error : Unfinished Net (UN) 'VCC' on Ungated Pin OP1.5 near (111620.0,125846.0) on 'LED Driver'. " And it shows an error on some ghost part.

Image Insert:

52.97 KB

It is strange, that deleting the part did not help.
Go to Top of Page

lewism@pulsonix.com

United Kingdom
62 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2021 :  17:20:40  Show Profile
Hi Eizens, If you are able to, could you please send the design in question to support@pulsonix.com and we can investigate further for you.

Lewis
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: