Pulsonix User Forum

Technical advice from Pulsonix engineers and the wider community.

Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Help with using Pulsonix
 General
 Where settings from the options dialog are stored?
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cioma

125 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2016 :  08:34:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd like to know where settings from the options dialog are stored (e.g what file or registry branch). Are options settings for all editors (i.e. schematic, layout etc) are kept in the same place?

steve

United Kingdom
316 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2016 :  09:22:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Details for each editor are stored separately within the registry, we advise DO NOT manually change settings as changes could a) not immediately be seen by the program functionality and b) could cause incorrect working.

A full settings output is available from the File menu using Save Configuration, to read into a design.

Pulsonix Assistance
Go to Top of Page

cioma

125 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2016 :  11:35:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Steve, I just wanted to understand how it works.

In options dialog some settings are marked as schematic, some - as layout but many don't have this distinction. And among those unmarked ones some are separated for schematic and layout but others are shared. E.g. "Options - General - Default Units" setting is shared: when I change it with schematic opened, then switch to layout tab and open options dialog again it's in the state I chose in schematic. But for things like "Options - Interaction - Show Tooltips" settings for schematic and layout are separated (e.g. changing it in schematic doesn't change it in layout).

It would be great to have schematic, layout, common options somehow visually separated in new releases so user would know what a particular option has impact on. Perhaps organizing options dialog as a foldable tree with subcategories is the way forward? This is not an essential feature but would make it more user-friendly.
Go to Top of Page

steve

United Kingdom
316 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2016 :  14:24:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Options such as the units are there as default settings for new designs created of all types. The tool-tips are naturally a different set, although some are the same subject matter, whether SCM or PCB biased. Perhaps distinguishing them could be of use, but this has not been raised before according to the logs.

Pulsonix Assistance
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: